January Pages Notes and Tips
I’m so pleased with my progress so far! I decided to print every couple of weeks, because the more I see my progress, the more likely I am to finish this project. I was starting to get into a little state of depression, thinking my life is so boring. This evening I pushed myself passed that by getting my pages up to date.
Note: I added a little embellishment to the filler card. I’m trying to use up some supplies I had from my paper scrapping days and add embellishments here and there to make it my own.
TIP: I had an issue in the beginning using my handwriting, but the more I do it, the more I’m getting used to it. I learned to write it in pencil first to get the spacing right. I trace over it with a fine tip marker and then erase the pencil marks. Helps eliminate mistakes and wasting cards.
I love this page! I do like the randomness, and this page just came together so nicely. I did color coordinate a little more on this page then the others. I also added a snowflake embellishment I had in my stash!
I had 2 things take place on the 18th! I didn’t get a picture at the movie theater, but wanted to include it, so I put the ticket stub inside the journaling card and still have the picture from the other event.
TIP: I noticed when putting my pictures in…the corners weren’t matching up to the corners of the precut cards (as you can kind of see in the picture with the necklace). Use the corner rounder that you’re using and re-round the corners. I’m thinking I will go back and redo all the corners so they match. I’m just a little anal like that.
Note: The title dates are stamped using the Memory Makers Evolution Alphabet Stamps. I almost sold them when I went digital, but I’m so glad I didn’t! They are PERFECT for this! I’m so happy I remembered I had them and that I’m able to use them again!
Going forth…I’d really like to include more pictures of us doing family things. I feel like we don’t do enough together as a family, so my focus for February will hopefully be a little more togetherness.

very cool Kristin! looks great!
Your book looks great! I am impressed that you have rounded all of your corners. I don't have the patience for that and my corner rounder isn't very consistent/accurate (do you recommend the corner rounder you have? What one is it?).
I just got my first batch of pictures printed this weekend and have them in my album now. I too like seeing my progress that way. I'll have to take pictures of some of my completed *layouts*.
Wow your album is looking so great! I too am a little anal and can relate to using a corner rounder and a pencil before committing to ink.
I love your idea of putting the ticket stub in there too, l was wanting to use one of mine but hadn't decided how, so thanks for the idea.
Wow...some awesome ideas here, just like danni said!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Looking good, Kristen! I haven't posted my finished pages on my blog, now that January is over maybe I should do that, too!
Awesome job Kristen! So fun to look at what other people are doing. I'm glad that it gave you a pick-me-up after updating your book. Have a great week!
Thanks for the info about the corner rounder punch. I'll be on the look out for one. Mine just isn't cutting it (literally!).
Oh and just I took pics of my first few completed pages and posted them on my blog. My album won't be as clean looking as yours because I don't think I'll be doing much corner rounding. :)
Kristin, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I should have followed your lead and ordered the kit. Maybe I'll order one for next year.
Hi Kristen, your new pictures are great. I love how your album is coming and thanks for the tips. I've been thinking about corner rounding my photos too, it just seems like they should be. Your handwriting is perfect so don't worry about that. Sorry you had some bad days, sometimes the cold weather can do that too also. Glad you pushed out of it and shared your finished January pages. I like that you added your own touch havent done that to mine but still want to. Hope you have a good week. Tell your daughter she did an amazing job all on her own, and love the mom necklace, I actually do prefer silver over gold.
Your album is coming together beautifully! Gorgeous layouts (beautiful handwriting!!)...looking great! :)